Animate Your Ideas, Design Better Apps
Want to improve how you show your ideas?
Do you know how to add interaction to your designs?
Course updated frequently. Last Update April 1st 2017
This course will teach you step by step how you can move your prototypes and designs from static images to animated and interactive user experiences that you'll be able to play with and give to your clients and users to try, like the Apple, Facebook, Twitter and other thousands of companies are doing.
I'm Adria Jimenez and I'll be your instructor.
I'm an engineer and designer passionated for technology, design and great products. During my life, I've worked in several multinacional companies where I've learnt how to create curated and beautiful web and mobile applications and recently I created several courses to teach others what i've learnt.
This is one of my most favorite topics, so I carefully created this course for anyone who wants to boost their design or UX career, learning how to move from static wireframes or designs to animated and interactive prototypes that you can show to your team or clients.
What are you getting with the course?
- Lifetime access
- 29 HD video lessons
- Step by step guides
- 3 complete challenges with solutions
- Downloadable materials and exercises
- More than 2 hours of content
What you'll be able to do at the end
By the end of the course you'll be able to create animated prototypes from your wireframes or designs that will provide interaction with the user, showcasing how to use certain features of your app without even touching a line of code.
As soon as you gain knowledge with the tool, we are going to go one step further creating full interactive prototypes that you'll be able to see directly on your phone, and not only that, the course has challenges that will help you learn and progress further in your career while you also have fun.
Who is the ideal student?
The ideal student for this course is an existing UX or designer who already knows how to wireframe or design applications but who wants to advance one step forward in his or her career and wants to be able to show or test animations or interactions with clients or users.
- Welcome and how to get the most of this course
- Course introduction. Is this course for me? How is the course structured?
- Downloading and installing the required software
- Get to know the tool
- Software interface
- Drawing shapes
- Adding your assets
- Importing your assets from Sketch
- Connecting your screens
- Animate state between different screens
- Your first prototype
- Creating a shopping cart
- Shopping cart, polishing the animations and transitions
- Sharing your first prototype
- Previewing and playing with your prototype on your iPhone
- Advanced interactions
- Working with big content
- Dragging layers across the screen
- Content pagination
- Control prototype behaviors using drivers
- Combining skills to create prototypes
- How challenges work
- Basic menu challenge
- Solving the menu challenge
- Creating a slingshot prototype
- Web interaction challenge: Document image alignment
- Hands on web interaction challenge, document image alignment
- Prototyping for the Apple Watch with long press
- Add an event delayed by scroll interaction
- Picture gallery deletion prototype challenge
- Build the gallery step by step guide
- Conclusion and thank you
The only requirement for taking this course is to have an Apple computer and to be open to learn new cool stuff.
See you inside the course and see how quick your designs and wireframes improve.
Meet your instructor
I love creating and designing apps, webs and teaching how to be more successful with that.
I've work at Xing, Softonic, Honda, Fnac and several other companies creating software for millions of users.
I really enjoy learning and teaching new skills to improve others lives.
All my life I've been surrounded by computers. As a child, my father - who was a programmer back then - introduced me to the world of computing, that marked me forever. Years later, after hours and hours in front of computers, I am dedicated to my passion: code and design.
Every day, I try to do my best to achieve the best result.
I created Skills Airport to share my knowledge with people like you.